Diversity in Leadership Ottawa offers two levels of board governance training to registered DLO candidates at no cost.
Board Basics: Introduction to Serving on a Board
Board Basics is a comprehensive introduction for candidates looking to join their first Board of Directors in the not-for-profit sector. This full-day workshop gives candidates assessment tools to help discern whether a board is a good fit and also covers:
- Board functions and responsibilities
- Meetings and decision-making
- Diversity and inclusion on boards
- Communications and public relations
Beyond Board Basics: Strengthening Your Contribution to a Board
Beyond Board Basics will help candidates who have some governance experience strengthen their contribution. This full-day workshop invites candidates into a conversation around diversity and inclusion in a Board setting and also covers:
- Strategic planning and policy development
- Financial reports and fundraising
- Ethics and risk management
- Advocacy and board development
These workshops are also available to registered candidates as self-paced online courses.